Regardless of religion, when one enters a mosque, it is necessary to cover the body and head and take off one's shoes. If you refuse to do so, you offend the feelings of the believers on your way to the mosque. As users of the Islamic social network Umma Life, you also need to be aware of and comply with the requirements of our policies and Islamic ethics.
We rely on you to fulfill the following obligations in exchange for providing you with our communication platform.
Who can become a Umma Life user
The Umma Life platform is an open and unique space which mission is to communicate Islamic values freely, safely and in accordance with the law. Therefore, you should accept some restrictions in order to become a part of the Umma, namely:
- We reserve the right to disable your account for violating the law or any term of our policy. For example, for organization of criminal networks and terrorist acts, pedophilia, harassment, fraud, blackmail, adultery, non-compliance of your posted content with the Islamic ethical standards, etc.;
- You do not sustain a conviction for a sex crime or for any terrorist act;
- We kindly ask you to avoid using music in content publications. The Administration of the Umma Life social network reserves the right to block or delete a publication if it is obviously contrary to the Islamic ethical standards.
What Umma Life can't be used for
All of us should contribute and respect people's boundaries as imposed by the Islamic laws in order to provide our safe and open service to a wide range of people.
This Website prohibits the following:
- Writing private messages to opposite-sex people regarding non-religious or non-professional matters;
- Posting nude photos;
- Men's clothing should cover the body area below the navel and above the knees. We suggest covering the whole body in accordance with the religious code of ethics;
- Women's clothing should cover all parts of the body except the hands and the facial contours. IT IS PROHIBITED TO SHARE PHOTOS WITH WOMEN IN PUBLIC DOMAIN. The ban does not apply to private groups, communities, and personal pages, where access is determined by gender;
- Flirting in comments and writing things that go against Islamic ethics. The Administration of the Website reserves the right to take appropriate action;
- Pretend to be someone else or provide inaccurate information about your identity. Unless you have explicit permission from someone else, you are not allowed to create an account for someone else;
- Infringe the laws of the country you live in, mislead people, and engage in fraudulent, criminal activities. It is FORBIDDEN to create criminal companies and groups!
- Doing anything that could interfere with or compromise the operation of the Umma Life social network (hacking attempts, data modification, infringement of property rights, etc.);
- Trying to create accounts, gain access, or collect information in non-authorized ways. Doing so includes creating accounts or automatically collecting information without permission from the Administration of the Website;
- Trying to buy, sell or transfer any component of your account (including your username) or solicit, collect or use the credentials or badges of other users;
- Posting personal or confidential information that violates the rights of users, including intellectual property.
Rights of the Umma Life Website Administration
The terms of the Agreement that you accept upon registration in the Umma Life social network entitle us to:
- Grant you the right to use the Website;
- Automatically and manually control whether content you publish is halal or not;
- Set limits on your use of your account upon breach of the Agreement that are consistent with the Islamic ethics;
- Block users sharing illegal content, content that insults the feelings of believers or features sexual immorality;
- Provide technical support to users;
- Respond to complaints and suggestions, taking appropriate actions.
Extra rights that we retain:
- We do not pretend ownership of your content, but you grant us a license to use it;
- You grant us permission to show your full name, profile picture and information about your actions (likes and comments), advertisements, suggestions, opinions;
- Once you choose a username or similar identifier for your account, we are allowed to change it if we deem it contrary to Islamic law;
- Should you use content that we provide on the Umma Life platform (for example: images, pictures, videos or sounds that are our intellectual property) or you add it to content that you create or share, we retain all rights to our content;
- We can shut off intellectual property whenever it is allowed or required by law. If we initiate any actions to disable or terminate your account, we will notify you when. Should you believe that your account has been terminated due to error, or if you wish to disable or permanently delete your account, please contact our support center;
- Content that you delete may remain for a limited period of time in backups and will still appear where others have shared it. This clause and the following section called "Our agreement and what happens if we disagree" will still apply even after your account is terminated or deleted.
Who has rights under this Agreement:
- This Agreement does not give access rights to third parties;
- You are not allowed to assign your rights or obligations under the Agreement without our consent;
- Our rights and obligations may be assigned to others. For example, this could happen if our ownership changes (as with a merger, acquisition or sale of assets) or by law.
Responsibility for malpractice in the system:
- The Umma Life social network provides everything "as is" without any guarantee that it will be safe and secure or work flawlessly all the time. As a matter of law, this social network rejects to guarantee the commercial value security;
- We neither control the actions of users nor bear responsibility for it, but we provide maximum protection from malicious content. We do not assume responsibility for services and features offered by other individuals or companies, even if you access them through our Service;
- Our liability in respect of anything that happens on the Website (the so-called "liability") is limited to the extent permitted by the Consumer Protection Law. Should there be a problem with our Service, we cannot be aware of all the possible consequences. You accept that we shall not be liable for any loss of financial profits, revenue, information or data, or for indirect, special, exemplary, punitive or incidental damages arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service. This includes deleting your content, information, or account.
We always appreciate feedback or other suggestions, but we are free to use them without any restrictions or obligations, with no possibility of preserving their confidentiality.
Updating terms and conditions
We are free to change our Service and policies, and we are free to update these Terms and Conditions so that they accurately reflect our Service and policies. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you (through Umma Life Service) before making changes to these Terms and Conditions. Thereafter, we will let you check them out before they go into effect. If you continue to use the Umma Life social network, you will become subject to the updated Terms and Conditions. If you do not want to agree to these or updated Terms and Conditions, you are free to delete your account.